In recent years, laser dentistry has superseded many traditional dentistry practices, making treatments more precise and less painful. This newer style of dentistry utilizes intense beams of light projected by a dental laser. Dental lasers can be used to perform a wide variety of treatments, including soft tissue shaping and removal.
The FDA deemed laser dentistry to be safe for public usage in 1990. Since then, many dentists have incorporated dental lasers into everyday procedures – reducing bleeding, anxiety and post-treatment recovery times. The beauty of dental lasers is that they damage far less of the surrounding tissue than traditional techniques – which means less discomfort and pain.
Here are some of the other benefits associated with laser dentistry:
Faster healing and tissue regeneration.
Preservation of more of the natural tooth.
Reduced bleeding during and after treatment.
Reduced need for anesthesia.
Reduced need for stitches and sutures.
Reduced risk of bacterial infections after procedures.
Diode Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy (DLAPT)
Periodontal disease is a common condition affecting the gums and surrounding tissues that support your teeth. If left untreated, it can lead to serious consequences, including tooth loss and other oral health issues. Scaling and root planing (SRP) has long been a standard and effective treatment to remove plaque and calculus buildup below the gum line. However, in our constant endeavor to enhance treatment outcomes and provide you with more comprehensive care, Dr. Chang have integrated Diode Laser technology into our hygiene practice.
The Diode Laser is a safe and precise tool that operates at specific wavelengths of light. It complements the conventional SRP by offering several key benefits:
- Enhanced Bacterial Reduction: The Diode Laser has been shown to effectively target and eliminate harmful bacteria residing deep within the periodontal pockets. By eradicating these bacteria, we can significantly reduce the risk of infection and promote the healing of your gum tissues.
- Minimally Invasive: The laser treatment is minimally invasive, which means it causes less discomfort and requires little to no anesthesia. This is especially beneficial for patients who may be anxious about traditional gum surgery.
- Faster Healing: The laser promotes tissue regeneration and blood clot formation, leading to faster healing of the gums after the procedure.
- Reduced Bleeding and Swelling: The Diode Laser's precision enables us to target specific areas while minimizing damage to healthy tissue, resulting in reduced bleeding, and swelling during and after treatment.
Diode Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy, in conjunction with scaling and root planing, represents the standard of care for managing periodontal disease in our practice. By incorporating this advanced technology, we aim to offer you the most effective and comfortable treatment options available.
Laser Bacterial Reduction (LBR)
Overthe years, advancements in dental technology have revolutionized the field of dentistry, enabling us to offer more effective and efficient treatments. At Periodontics and Implant Center of McKinney, we have incorporated Epic Hygiene Laser Bacterial Reduction (LBR) to our standard supportive periodontal therapy regimen.
Supportive periodontal therapy is an essential part of managing periodontal disease and periodontal care, and with the addition of Laser Bacterial Reduction, we believe we can elevate the standard of care we provide to you. Laser Bacterial Reduction is a cutting-edge procedure that utilizes low-level diode laser technology to target and eliminate harmful bacteria in the gum pockets and on the surfaces of teeth. By reducing the bacterial load, LBR helps to prevent the progression of gum disease and other oral infections, improving the overall health of your gums and supporting structures.
We consider Laser Bacterial Reduction and supportive periodontal therapy as an integrated approach to your oral health, and we are confident that this combined treatment will yield even more positive results for you. The benefits of Laser Bacterial Reduction include:
- Enhanced Gum Health: Help kill bacteria that causes periodontal disease and reduce infection before it causes further destruction of gums and bone around your teeth.
- Improved Treatment Outcomes: The addition of LBR to our supportive periodontal therapy will enhance the overall effectiveness of your periodontal treatments.
- Greater Comfort: Laser Bacterial Reduction is minimally invasive and causes little to no discomfort during the procedure.
- Faster Healing: The laser's energy stimulates tissue healing and can promote faster recovery.
If you have questions or concerns about laser dentistry, please ask your dentist.
Contact us today!
Periodontics & Implant Center of McKinney
Dr. Paul P. Chang D.D.S., M.S.
-Board Certified Periodontist & Prosthodontist
Dr. Catherine Tatum D.D.S., M.S.
-Board Certified Periodontist
321 N. Central Expressway, Suite 101
(Inside CBTx Bank Building)
McKinney, TX 75070